Ensuring the health and safety of our employees and customers remains our absolute priority as we market properties for lettings and sales during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The MCR Homes team will assist with their usual expertise, enthusiasm and commitment to providing the best possible customer care.
During these uncharted times, ahead of any meetings, viewings, or other face-to-face interactions, you will be asked four questions to assess any risk involved in your meeting with our employees.
The questions that will be asked ahead of any meeting are:
- Are you or any member of your household displaying either of the symptoms associated with COVID-19, namely a high temperature or new, persistent cough?
- Have you or any member of your household returned from a foreign country within the past 14 days?
- Have you or any member of your household come into direct contact with anyone showing either of the symptoms associated with COVID-19, a high temperature or new, persistent cough?
- Have you or any member of your household been self-isolating within the last 8 weeks in accordance with Government guidelines?
If you answer No to all 4 of these questions, your risk will be recorded as low. If you answer No to questions 1-3 but Yes to question 4, if the self-isolation was more than 4 weeks ago, your risk will be recorded as medium. If the isolation was less than 4 weeks ago, or you answer Yes to any of the other questions, your risk will be deemed as high.
We are only able to meet face-to-face and arrange viewings on properties with people who we assess as low risk and we will follow the strictest social distancing guidelines as set out by the Government’s Ministry of Housing.
If we assess you as medium or high risk, we will discuss alternatives and employ technology such as video conferencing to conduct the meeting or show you around a property, where we will be your eyes through the use of a smartphone or tablet.
Points of reference for viewing properties for sale or to let:
- Viewings are strictly scheduled and controlled; we will not carry out any ‘open house’ or ‘block’ viewings.
- Viewings will be restricted to two people only and we request that all follow the strictest social distancing guidelines as set out by the Government’s Ministry of Housing.
- There will be no person to person contact (e.g. handshaking) and viewers are encouraged to wear face coverings prior to arriving for a viewing.
- Gloves will be worn on viewings and hand gel will be available at appointments.
- Viewing appointments are to be kept as short as possible – preferably no longer than 10 minutes, with a cut-off at 20 minutes.
- We must allow a minimum of 20 minutes between the end of an appointment and the commencement of the next.
We strongly encourage buyers to view properties virtually in the first instance whenever possible, and only physically visit properties which they have a strong interest in.